"a Government/Scientific Experiment”
L.O.S.T= Land Of Scientific Testings???
are they lost in this mysterious land for a reason?
In essence: Yes, they have all been brought here for a purpose, and the island is functioning as an elaborate Skinner Box to gauge their reactions.
Support for this theory:
- The discovery of the various hatches and the sketchy Dharma Initiative, which is still delivering food to the island, lend credence to this theory. ''It's a piece of a much bigger picture,'' Abrams said back in November 2004. ''It's not the big answer.''
- The electromagnetic activity on the island seems to be real, and if so, very possibly was the cure of Jin's infertility, Rose's cancer and Locke's mystery paralysis.
- Marvin Candle/Mark Wickman and the whole Pearl Station, in general, suggests that there was some kind of psychological experiment going on... but who were the mice?
- According to EW, most of the actors are behind this theory.
- After the obvious operant chamber (for bears originally) seen in Season 3's opening episode, it is hard to argue that there is not an experiment going on here. Perhaps, the project began as experimental research on animals, but when the plane crashed the islanders were finally able to have access to research subjects that would model humans better than anything else- actual humans. They had sporadic subjects prior to this (Henry Gale, Desmond, etc) who seem also possible subjects. However, even with an experiment theory, the entirity of the Lost phenomenon is not explained. Why are all these people connected? Who of the Dharma Initiative are the others?
- Inman's involvement might support this theory. He tells Sayid his torturing skills will be useful later. Was he only in Iraq to train Sayid for the experiment (or find someone suitable for it), and has he been Dharma Initiative all along? Have any of the other survivors encountered him before? Where is his body? He was the last person on the island with Desmond, and may have carefully orchestrated the fight and subsequent system failure in the hatch to cause the crash, or more likely, make Desmond believe he caused it (as sabotaging the plane would be much simpler). If Sayid and Desmond ever realize they both know him, we may get some answers.
Poking holes: If each person was handpicked to be on the island, that’s a whole lot of planning and coincidence. If, however, each person is there by chance, the theory holds more weight. Harold Perrineau Jr. weighs in, "I'd always believed the whole government conspiracy thing was great and then I heard that was the boring choice, but I thought it was really cool. But that's been my favorite one so far."
What do you think? Have more support for this theory, or are you ready to poke another hole in it?
Click EasyEdit to add your .02 or join the conversation.
|Latest page update: made by wetpaint , Oct 16 2007, 1:06 PM EDT (about this update About This Update Edited by wetpaint
11 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|ko200||actually nah ill write more im on role here||5||Jul 5 2008, 9:10 AM EDT by qwithoutau|
Thread started: Jun 5 2008, 9:43 PM EDT Watch
Well this ones a bit more crazy then my previous but ill still enlighten you all :P:P xD
K well ive 2 theorys about the numbers..
No.1..the numbers are the date the worlds going to end,that is why they have to get everybody back on the island.because they were picked out to start a new life
No2..this ones a bit more realistic :P (although nothing on that show can be called realistic haha)
K well i believe taht the numbers stand for time travel k..the episode where Daniel is putting the rat back in time lets jus say that the numbers are 12.23.52@23 hertz..well that puts the rat back 2 mins i think it is...so how about 184.108.40.206.23.42@108 hertz? oh that looks like the code and how long it takes.. :P so if the 1st one puts u back 2 mins imagine wat that 2nd one does...8 years perhaps
4 out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: Answers
|ko200||Running outta ideas here :P||0||Jun 5 2008, 9:47 PM EDT by ko200|
Thread started: Jun 5 2008, 9:47 PM EDT Watch
K well Heres odd prediction of season 5...k well in the video of the orchid it showed the rabbit and it said 15 on the side of it..after he put it into the tube thingy he brought it out and it showed a 2nd rabbit with the number 15 on it and he screamed dont let them touch,,obviously cause that wud wreck time itself...so i tink that the island will shoot back in time and the survivors will be seeing there old selfs running around and that would answer a lot of questions about the island and wat not,,,thats jus an idea tho :P
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: prediction
|ko200||Final theory,ill stop annoying ya :P||0||Jun 5 2008, 9:35 PM EDT by ko200|
Thread started: Jun 5 2008, 9:35 PM EDT Watch
K heres my top theory,
The island...is 20 years in the past,K stay with me i know it sounds crazy but it makes sense..kinda
k well the island is basically a place of experiments..no miracles...
No.1 the island is 20 years in the past..20 years ago Locke could walk,rose did not have cancer
No.2 Thats why the others took everyones child..ya child cant die before hes born that would screw things up :P
No.3 People from the island don't seem to age much,one episode showed Richard (other) looking at Ben as a child...and hes looks the exact same now
No.4.there is no number four
But had a good run :)
K well i also think Jin is alive and watched the whole boat explosion from the beach,One of the last recent episodes showed a doctor turn up on the beach dead,and later that episode we saw him die..cause of time travel obviously but maybe jin did the same...maybe he got off the ship and swam back 20 mins before the boat exploded..not exactly 20 mins thats jus example :) peace :P
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: answers
Showing 3 of 19 threads for this page - view all